Thursday, June 3, 2010

Freedom abused!

More and more people today are gainning access to knowledge and information. No doubt it is a positive development in building a nation. However, with progress comes challenges that are subtle enough to tempt our subconscious to break the 'rules' and the 'norms'.

It is quite true that some 'rules' ought to be re-analyzed given the fact that the rules were/are created by imperfect human beings. But how about rules and guidance given from high above?

Humans are given freedom to choose the way they behave and live. They are also given the freedom of expression and the freedom of speech. However, this freedom doesn't come for 'free'. We are accountable and responsible for our prized freedom. You can say whatever you want on any social webpage and believe and express anything in this short life but you are responsible for every word that you utter, for every action that you do, for every single thing that crosses your mind and heart even when others can't hear or see it.

Unfortunately, many people do not realize this and thus do and say things that hurt others and in the end hurt themselves. Some, like me, understand this as a fact but face difficulties in putting it into practice due to our own ignorance and desire. Hence, I am blogging this one out to be a reminder for me and for others.

I love the freedom given to me, but I am also worried if I have abused (and I had definitely) it and hurt others in the course of satisfying my ego and my desire to win every fight. When I see how others hurt their friends and families through the comments they posted online, I feel like I belong to that assaulting group and I feel bad. I want to belong to a better group of people, I want to be a better person and I definitely no longer want to abuse this very short-lived freedom given to me.

I want to fear the One who provides me with this freedom and I want to at least remember that I am accountable for my doings whenever I am up to something that abuses my freedom. It's time to change. To change for better.




No comments:

Post a Comment